
Today was an awesome day! I have so many things for which to be thankful -- my friends and family top the list. I know this is a blog about my friends, but I have to pay homage to my family on this day of Thanksgiving.
I was able to spend most of the day with my family at the "Aunt Farm". Two of my aunts, along with a few of my cousins, live out in the country on several acres of land. We deemed it the "Aunt Farm" several years ago. It's a great place for family gatherings. My mother passed away many years ago, and being with my aunts is the closest thing to being with her. It's a rare occasion that all my siblings are in the same place together, but today was one of those occasions. It made the day all that more special.
We ate lots of turkey with all the trimmings, watched some football (Go, Cowboys!) and had time to catch up with each other. I am including a picture of me and my 2 sisters and my brother. Both my brother and 1 of my sisters are cancer survivors. I am so thankful that everyone is healthy and that we could all be together today. (Note: The little hand sticking out of the side of the picture belongs to my 5-year-old nephew. He wanted to be in the picture.)
No comments:
Post a Comment