Friday, November 24, 2006

Good Holiday Recipe

As promised, I am going to share some holiday ideas. Here is a good holiday tip for my gal pals and anyone else looking for a good dessert recipe. Yesterday, I had to bring a dessert to my aunt's thanksgiving feast. I made a Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle that I saw on the Food Network's Paula Dean cooking show. While it didn't turn out looking exactly like the one Paula made, it was a huge hit. Everyone tried a sample of it and thought it tasted great. The recipe can be found on the Food Network's Web site.

You don't have to wait until next year. You could serve this at any holiday party. The recipe makes a LOT, so if you are serving a smaller group, you should only make half. I ended up using my salad spinner bowl because it was the biggest one I had. Not the prettiest, but at least it was effective.

If anyone wants the recipe for the cranberry jello salad, please let me know. It's my cousin's favorite, and I had to bring it as well, by special request.

1 comment:

Graciela said...

yummy! i got to try your recipe :)