Sunday, November 19, 2006

Our Honolulu Gal Pal, Wendy


I have known Wendy for approximately 25 years. In introducing Wendy, I hardly know where to start. She is one of the most fun people I've ever known. She is also the bravest. I think we all talk about what we want to do someday. Wendy went a giant step further and took action!

We heard her talk about moving to Hawaii, but I don't know that we thought she would really do it. It didn't really sink in with me that she was really leaving us until she started selling all (well, not all, but most) of her possessions. Yes, she and her husband, along with one of the kids and the dogs sold all but a few boxes of their clothes and personal momentos and moved to Honolulu this year. I still can't believe she actually did it!

I miss her a lot, but I am happy for her. Who wouldn't want to live in paradise? I hope I get to get over to see her in 2007. She has been keeping us posted on Dog the Bounty Hunter and other important news from Hawaii. I have invited her to contribute to this blog, so I hope you soon get to meet Wendy yourself. She is also known as Wendetta, but since she moved to Hawaii, her nickname has evolved to Weniki. You will agree with me that she is one of a kind!

No comments: